Post Conference Comments and Photos
Here’s what Participants had to Say.
"A great gathering, dynamic and enlivening"
"It was such a rich and varied experience…soulfood really."
"A good vision realised, the program was excellent, creative, offering a wonderful choice of academic presentations, creative art and body focused workshops, small and large group sessions, and social gathering."
"Cohesive, well-designed and well-run event"
"Want more of the same again!"
"Seeded the field for future dream work in the region."
"Appreciated the depth of sharing, inspiring presenters, trust and open friendly environment."
"Well organized, seemingly seamless smooth operation reflecting prior preparation and work."
"Papers were accessible by lay people."
"Appreciated the spaciousness of the venue, comfortable rooms, and nature walks."
"Valued the balance of theory and imaginative practice."
"Loved the conference."
"Deepened understanding and respect for the significance of dreams."
"A Great feeling of open engagement."
"A very rich experience."
"Making deep connections."
"The conference was a resounding success."
"Sense of community built over the conference."
"Life changing and experience of deep healing."
Participants Visions for the Future
- Biennial conference with opportunities for more dreamgroups, neuroscience presentations, open space opportunities, indigenous representation and participation.
- Build networks supporting local contact, face-to-face meetings and linking into regional and international networks.
- Growing community
- Regular events including day and weekend opportunities offering time for longer experiential sessions and opportunities to participate in different modes of dream work.
- Dream groups on line
- Online learning opportunities
- Build resources for applying dreamwork to clients with complex needs and little resources
- Find uses for dream data collected by individuals
- Teaching children and families to respect and value dreams and dreaming.
- Develop ways of sharing knowledge and information about IASD regional network and Dream Network Australia.
- Continue to build ways to deepen connections to land, place and the rhythms of nature through dreams, imagination and mindfulness
- More multi-disciplinary dialogue between dream workers, theorists and other sections of the community.
What you would like to have at another conference?
- More time
- More and longer dreamgroups
- More people building the base to contribute to the conference vision